Barclays Bank of Delaware Announces Data Breach
04-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
Epsilon, a marketing vendor used by Barclays Bank of Delaware to send emails to customers, announced someone "outside their company" gained unauthorized access to files in their systems that included a large number of email addresses. "This has affected many of our credit cards under various co-brands" reads an email sent by Barclays Bank of Delaware representatives on Sunday, April 3rd, 2011.
"Epsilon has assured us that the only information that was obtained was your name and email address. Please be assured your account and any other confidential or personally identifiable information were not at risk." the email continued.
"It is possible you may receive spam email messages as a result which could potentially ask you for additional information about your account. Please note, Barclays will never ask you in an email to verify sensitive information such as your full account number, Username, Password or Social Security Number. Therefore, any email which does so should be treated suspiciously, even if it looks like it comes from Barclays. As a reminder, we urge you to be cautious when opening links or attachments from unknown third parties." continued.
Barclays is one of many companies affected and so you may receive similar notifications from other companies.
Spokepeople for Barclays said,"We sincerely regret this has taken place and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Barclays is committed to protecting customers against the misuse of their personal information and we take security issues very seriously. We vigorously monitor the security of our systems and require all third party vendors to adhere to strict security and privacy policies and procedures."
Chief Privacy Officer
Barclays Bank of Delaware
Information Security Officer
Barclays Bank of Delaware
[This release was posted by staff of PRSafe and resulted from an email sent to a cardholder]
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!